7 Elements of an Effective Compliance Program
By Dan Oonk
The main goals of Blossom's Quality Assurance (QA) and Compliance department include making sure regulations are being followed, ensuring that Blossom is operating ethically, and following the rules of the governmental agencies that oversee our services.
There are 7 elements that a Compliance Program should follow in order to measure effectiveness:
1. Standards and Procedures - Blossom has many written policies and procedures that ensure we are following all relevant regulations.
2. Oversight - Blossom's Risk Assessment Committee, Leadership team, and Board of Directors all provide oversight over the agency.
3. Monitoring and Auditing - The Compliance team, as well as various other departments perform audits to ensure documentation is being performed properly.
4. Education and Training - The importance of compliance is taught during new employee orientation, as well as at annual training for all Blossom employees.
5. Reporting - All employees are encouraged to report any suspected non-compliance issues.
6. Response and Prevention - All compliance concerns are responded to in a timely manner, and non-compliance trends are identified to prevent future incidents.
7. Enforcement - Blossom treats compliance seriously. An effective and enforced compliance program is a team effort!